Options

Virus

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stock up on duty free booze and have a stay at home party!!!  Too bad its not warm enough to self quarantine on the boat yet. 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stock up on duty free booze and have a stay at home party!!!  Too bad its not warm enough to self quarantine on the boat yet. 
    I picked up a case of Vodka at Costco last week. Can be applied internally or externally for sanitation as needed.😂
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    I picked up a case of Vodka at Costco last week. Can be applied internally or externally for sanitation as needed.😂
    Unless Costco Vodka is 120+ proof you’d better stick to drinkin it! Won’t do enough on your hands... although probably better than nothing!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    While they are not 100% sure a customer of mine just came in, diabetic, who hadn't visited for weeks.

Back in January his wife flew to Mississippi for a few days for work.

When she returned got sick with flu like symptoms within about 2 weeks.  He tested negative for the flu.  

He's fine now other than some congestion (possibly allergies at this point) but had bad cold/flu like symptoms for about 2 weeks.   He's been good now for several weeks.  He gets sick a good bit, mostly due to his diabetes.  His family doctor didn't have the readily available test kit.
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    ARRRGH! I've been cleaning the garage and getting things ready to go work on the boat -- and the yacht yard sends out an email they are closing indefinitely, beginning tomorrow, in order to keep their employees safe and to make sure they can get everyone ready for spring launches without any potential glitches. The only glitch is what if I have stuff to do before launch?! UGH!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your thinking is correct, how can it be more solitude, a guy working on his boat, away from crowds. Shame they would not let you in.  
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Called our local Sam's Saturday to see if they have any ground beef, the answer no and no chicken. Called Sunday, No beef no Chicken. But he said we will have a truck at 6 am Monday. I was there at 7. The truck came but did not have any on it, Sams is rationing there stores. 

Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56 said:
    Your thinking is correct, how can it be more solitude, a guy working on his boat, away from crowds. Shame they would not let you in.  
    That was exactly my thinking. I love the solitude - especially during the week, where I can work in peace. I usually do see the yard crew and exchange pleasantries with them, but I don't have to if that what the bosses want. Why not keep the yard open and just mandate social distancing protocols. I can shout "hello" from across the building while working on my boat  :)  
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess my boating season will have some extra days as my work is starting to cancel flights. Thankfully my boats already in the water and I can't imagine they would lock the marina being that it is very small and I'll probably be the only one there. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:
    I bet they took your money @TonyG13
    Yup. They had that way back in October. It will be interesting to see if this drags out, how it affects people wanting to get their boats ready for launch.
  • Options
    Wedding cacneled due to corona virus

Boating weekend???
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    Question still remains? does anyone know anyone, that even knows someone who has it?
    Admiral got the negative all clear today, just the flu.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news @icoultha !
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, thanks @aero3113, we were confident based on probability supported by the facts as well as the +ve flu A test last week but that 1% possibility hung over us since Thursday.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, the unknown is still out there.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    icoultha said:
    randy56 said:
    Question still remains? does anyone know anyone, that even knows someone who has it?
    Admiral got the negative all clear today, just the flu.
    Thanks for your input, just seem's there is a lot of misinformation out there. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    We made it across the border. Now back in Canuckistan. Border officer asked the usual questions and when he asked about alcohol I said, yeah, 6 bottles (allowed 2) because I heard they might close the liquor stores. But I said "Here's the receipt, I'll pay the duty on it". And thrust it towards him. He backs up and says "Carry on and have a nice day sir". 🤣
    On a more serious note Ontario has declared a state of emergency. No public gatherings of 50 or more allowed anywhere. That includes schools, churches, weddings, funerals, sports events etc. All bars and restaurants closed except for take out. All theatres, bowling alley 's, recreation areas closed. Gas stations, pharmacies and grocery stores remain open and in a smart move many pharmacies and grocery stores have implemented special hours for seniors and the disabled so they don't get trampled by all the morons. Many are also limiting purchases to avoid hoarding and profiteering. Lot of businesses may not survive this. Now heading home for a "voluntary" (So far) self quarantine for 14 days although I can tell you that there's a bigger chance of catching where I live rather than where I've been. So the quarantine is probably better for us than for anybody else.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should have stayed in the Turks and Caicos, hot sunny and the bars were open!

• Options
    First death in Ontario reported.....in our area. However the victim lived outside the area (We just happen to have the big hospital) and believed to have been infected by another person who came from outside the area. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that when congress figures out this stimulus stuff, our country here for the most part will be shut down. That's my prediction....
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Scheduled to fly out of Florida on Thursday. Could still be cancelled but hoping for the best. Had a nice lady at the pool today understand our situation and gave us a couple masks, goggles and latex gloves for the airport. Good ol American hospitality!   Honestly mainly concerned for my business. Printing is tough enough these days and it didn’t need this. I’ll be back on the plant floor running machinery like I did 20 years ago as I prepare to lay off employees.  I hate this. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will not last- as soon as it is in the rear view the stock market will go crazy and investors that are buying now will be buying new Rinkers in a few months...
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭
    All bars, restaurants, libraries, movie theatres, and numerous other public places are closed for 2 weeks in my very Liberal city.  The panic has set in pretty deep here, and there are ZERO cases.  SO glad I live out in the country, with a fully stocked beer fridge, and 3 freezers stocked to the gills B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    rasbury said:
    It will not last- as soon as it is in the rear view the stock market will go crazy and investors that are buying now will be buying new Rinkers in a few months...
    I  wish I could agree.  The lasting effects on the economy will take a while, even when it is under control.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:
    All bars, restaurants, libraries, movie theatres, and numerous other public places are closed for 2 weeks in my very Liberal city.  The panic has set in pretty deep here, and there are ZERO cases.  SO glad I live out in the country, with a fully stocked beer fridge, and 3 freezers stocked to the gills B)
    Same thing going on in Key west right now...and in the rest of FL they closed bars and clubs as of 5pm, for 30 days..

Holy cow...

This place is legendary for only closing from 4 to 5am (or something like that)..

• Options
    Im not i a liberal area at all, all bars,  dine in restaurants and schools closed.

One death in the state so far, elderly in assisted living.  

S. Korea boasts .6% mortality rate 

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    And now all Dunkin Doughnuts are closed starting tomorrow...... WTF
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    Holy moly the world is ending!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    raybo3 said:
    Holy moly the world is ending!

At least he didn't bring up TB going to the Bucs. :o
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    I work from home so no real affect on me but wife is a teacher and schools are closed here in PA but she can still teach online so is still getting paid. Son drives to New Hampshire every Monday then makes his way back through the week with a few stops at some of their sites so he is around alot of people. His company said business as usual for now.
    I daytrade options and futures in the stock market. I'm 98% cash and looking for a bottom. I was 100% cash but started nibbling at a few longer term options trades