Options

Virus

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My grand daughters School is closed for two weeks...
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭✭
    MarkB said:

NHL, NBA, MLB, MLS all postponed. Major shows cancelled. Even Euro 2020 and Summer Olympic cancellations being debated.  Stocks down about 30%, Bitcoin down 50%, Gold down 12%, Silver down 20%. Orders being cancelled. Projects being

The Australian F1 was canceled now season deferred till May. Shipping 11 teams across the world and then pulling the plug  - huge cost. Then you consider the local setup and income losses.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    My sister-in-law sent me this pic. Her friend was at Whole Foods, this is what it looked like. My wife had a feeling that this might happen, she started shopping 2 weeks ago. We’re stocked for a while.

I went tonight to do the regular weekly run only because the apocalyptic doomsayers will be there in greater force tomorrow. Water, TP an practically all meat gone. We already have plenty of TP, I refill the cooler bottles with the triple filtered machine and here’s plenty in the fridge and freezers.  

I still don’t get the TP rush, your nose will run, not your bum hole.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in a small town in Washington however for some reason we have 7 major grocery stores. Always thought that was ridiculous but now it seems to be a plus. Went shopping yesterday and all the shelves were full. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭
    ‘I used to cough to cover up my farts - now I fart to cover up my coughs.’

lol

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No bottled water in the admirals grocery store.  Paper towels and tp almost done.

A truck is coming in today and shes snatching me a few cases.

Im not prepping, i take them to work and i need waters for the boat.  We will be boating in  2 to 3 weeks.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. All the prepers are laughing at us now! 
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Know 2 people in the keys that have been tested.... will be interesting if they are the first 2 with it. 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked and my ammo cabinet is full. And I'm bringing in a case of vodka from the States. I can either drink it or clean with it. I know my preference. Oh, and there's a stack of old Sears catalogues in the basement for tp. I'm prepped. Bring on the apocalypse. 🤣🤣🤣
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Supercross is canceled too. My kids get extra weeks for their spring breaks. My wife is going to Kroger to just buy a normal amount of groceries this morning, you know, because we just need them like normal. We will see how that goes. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    We just loaded our stuff back on the boat yesterday.  Ready to start the boating season!  It may be the getaway from all this mess!  I still have the cover on since it looks like a lot of rain coming in this week, but in about an hour it'll be ready to go, cover off, plug in, push lift button down! :)  The admiral was going to buy some Corona & limes, then have a Corona party on the boat for our official uncovering.  (neither of us are much of beer drinkers, usually have liquor, but I'm thinking we may have to do it)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I am not a "prepper" but we live in the country and have always kept plenty of supplies on hand mainly because I don't like going to the store that often. I am more worried about the hype and stupid humans than I am the virus. With that in mind, I checked into what I have on hand and I estimate we can go about 3 months before things get uncomfortable.  I don't think I will need it but it's good to know it's there.
  • Options
    Well I have been fighting the stores all morning and I have enough Crap now for 2 hurricanes!!!
  • Options
    Id love to launch next weekend.  Sadly we have a wedding on the coast to attend.  
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    So my son makes the front page of today's paper. I sorta knew he was a disaster waiting to happen  :)

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Witch one is he???
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    next step after national emergency is Marshall law.  I dont study law but i believe the following to be true:

At that point the government can

Seize private property and goods. 
    Confiscated guns/weapons
    Jail anyone for any reason for as long as they want
    Call in foreign military for assistance should the U.S. military not comply with orders against it's own citizens.  

Scary stuff when this is a case of cold/flu like symptoms, some positive tested people dont even show symptoms.  2 weeks of a dry cough, mild fever, fatigue and runny nose is a cake walk compared to what many suffer through with spring allergies.  

From what I've read  100% of the deaths from this virus have been from elderly and/or immune compromised individuals.

The influenza virus can and has killed healthy individuals and has killed some 16,000 this year.

• Options
    Well they can start by taking all the Dems guns first! LMAO
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    In America, improvisation is the key to survival.
    Andy

• Options
    We're having a CoronaVirus party in Key Largo, come one come all... (I kept driving, are these peeps crazy or is it all good?)

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    Witch one is he???
    The one leading the pack who needs a haircut! My other thought is why is he the first one out the door?!
  • Options
  • Options
    How are hurricane parties more sane???
  • Options
    Because we know when it will hit and when it leaves. 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least he is looking at the gal in the black hose. So proud
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Your chances surviving the corona virus are better than the chances of surviving a night binge drinking in a smokey bar then going home with a stranger.  

• Options
    Your chances surviving the corona virus are better than the chances of surviving a night binge drinking in a smokey bar then going home with a stranger.  

That depends on who you are ;) 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There know way to predict, where we are going. 2500 case's today in one week will we be at 12,500.  Wondering how they are tracking the count? who is reporting to who. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    TonyG13 said:
    raybo3 said:
    Witch one is he???
    The one leading the pack who needs a haircut! My other thought is why is he the first one out the door?!
    His hair is not that long.....lol 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    J3ff said:

That depends on who you are ;) 
    Don't turn my unprotected sex joke around on me.😞