Options

Virus

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (CNN)The United States and Canada are preparing to issue a joint statement in the next 24-48 hours to suspend non-essential travel between the two countries, a Trump administration official tells CNN.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wife's work cancelled all travel for work, I am getting travel cancelled, and her sister (who live with us) is working from home until further notice. Wife and I have jobs that are not work from home so as of now we are collecting our salary and staying home. I was on my way to another job which was a major step up but it looks like that's on hold now. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being in the car business, not sure where are going...had a million dollar plus deal cancelled by mears taxi (anyone that has been to Orlando and Disney would probably recognize that name) as all there deals were getting cancelled at the convention center and the theme park closures. I made it through the last recession but this has a different feel to it. Just depends on our recovery- and we are no where near the turning point. My wife is retired from the county and with savings I'm sure we can get by but wow, got to stop watching the news. I still think very shortly this country will lock down.
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my luck.

Finally the boat gets fixed.

No one wants to go out on it for fear of CV.  :D
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,469 admin
    J3ff said:
    raybo3 said:
    And now all Dunkin Doughnuts are closed starting tomorrow...... WTF
    Holy moly the world is ending!

At least he didn't bring up TB going to the Bucs. :o
    OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @J3ff tell them you have hand sanitizer and toilet paper. You'll have to beat them off with a stick
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    U.S.A. - greatest economic generating economy in the world. Citizens who do not quit. President who was one of the first world leaders to impose travel restrictions and appoint special Cszar (Ron Azar) and top medical team to manage the outbreak. Presidential team has just announced $1.3 TRILLION to combat economic slump with more to follow if required. Due to President's policies over the last 3.5 years money is freer, companies are more flexible, banking system is better able to manage the "paper" from this type of event. This infection curve will flatten and those who withdrew from the stock market to wring their hands will be left out of the recovery. Never bet against the U.S.A. I give this two quarters then watch out - lightening recovery. Some hiccups, maybe but solid recovery. I'm investing in the market as we speak! .......my 2 cents from north of the 49th. Summer plans....out on the water as usual. Travel to Aruba planned for September - tickets booked. Onward and upward! .....BTW,going forward, something is going to have to be done about that pariah, China, whose sanitary practices (there is a VERY disturbing "gone viral" video of the Wuhan animal market) are letting loose contagion every few years and the fact that that communist government suppressed the news for at least a month allowing the virus to spread! 
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s not forget the exploding deficit since Trump took office. His latest plan will DOUBLE the deficit forecasted instantly. Then add in the massive decline in tax revenue. Crickets from all those deficit hawks since 2018....

This is more than 2 quarters of recession. Capital spending will stop. Period. Things have been slowing down for over a year on the industrial side globally. It will easily take a year to resume capital spending. The massive amounts of layoffs happening will not bounce back fast. People with no income will not be spending.  Car/home sales will all but stop. A short term unemployment rate of 20% is not out of the question. 

Some of this was bound to happen with the pandemic, the disastrous denial and hoax pandering  by Trump exploded the problem. Not getting political here. Just a fact. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I wonder how much the new ford bronco msrp affected upon release? 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent changed anything yet. 
  • Options
    This virus is sexist. More men than women die from it.  It's ageist as it targets the elderly,  it also targets smokers.

So old men who smoke, you're screwed!!!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This virus is sexist. More men than women die from it.  It's ageist as it targets the elderly,  it also targets smokers.

So old men who smoke, you're screwed!!!

Ah but didn't you hear? Alcohol is a disinfectant!  So as long as you're drinking hard liquor, you're fine! Bring on the whiskey and tequila!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    I dont think the people who are drinking bleach really need any guidance at all.
  • Options
    Bleach = chlorine, just drink your local municipal water aka tap water
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Dana Point, California, USAPosts: 0 ✭✭✭
    Crude oil down to $21/barrel today. At this rate they'll have to pay US to fill up!
    Andy
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    andyd said:
    Crude oil down to $21/barrel today. At this rate they'll have to pay US to fill up!
    Andy
    PA will still have fuel above $2.50/gallon. SMH
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife got out today to get her hair cut ect. They told her good thing you came today, all barbershop's and beauty shop's will be closed. She when to the local, grocery store, a large one. She said it looked like a store going out of business. empty shelves.  
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    andyd said:
    Andy
    PA will still have fuel above $2.50/gallon. SMH
    Yeah 50 cent for gas and 2 bucks tax and the turnpike still blows!!!!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound I spent three years in American schools. Played on their sports teams and debated American politics. It was a riot.

Look up the numbers of deaths from the flu each year. There is a difference between trying to stop a media (who happen to hate a sitting President) from spreading panic and saying it is a hoax.

@Black_Diamond ....Trump was one of the first world leaders to declare quarantines, restrict travel and name countries as no travel hot spots. He was immediately slammed by Pelosi, Schumer and the (you'd have to agree) main stream Liberal media.....for (wait for it) over-reacting. WHAT? Now they're saying he hasn't done enough. Pelosi tried to tie funding for Planned Parenthood to COVID19 disaster relief. NICE - tie abortions to a medical emergency.

As for financials....IMO - the biggest problem is fear-mongering whiners. I have made over 30% on the stock market thanks to Trump policies....and IMO it is those very policies that will lead the U.S.A. to one of the biggest recoveries since WWll.

BTW, IMO - Trump did all of this with the insane, rabid Democrats trying to defeat him the minute it looked like he was going to win. They have spent 3.5 years doing nothing but trying to nullify the will of the American people.

I roared with laughter as I watched (in Palm Desert) the election returns and the disbelief and tears of the Democrat supporting news anchors. As Ray would say BaaaaHaaaaa

You'll thank God that you have Team Trump after this is over and see how countries like Canada with that dumba$$ Liberal retard we elected - destroy themselves financially speaking.

I was born in Canada two days before my parents moved to Washington D.C.  If I had been born in the U.S.A. - I would have voted for Trump! :-)

• Options
    Can I just point out one small detail that everyone seems to be missing. You can't compare number of deaths you have to look at percentage. The percentage of death so far is many times higher than the flu so if this continues to spread and everyone says oh well look at how bad the flu is who cares about Covid-19 we are going to have many more deaths than the flu has both percentage and numbers. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Can I just point out one small detail that everyone seems to be missing. You can't compare number of deaths you have to look at percentage. The percentage of death so far is many times higher than the flu so if this continues to spread and everyone says oh well look at how bad the flu is who cares about Covid-19 we are going to have many more deaths than the flu has both percentage and numbers. 
    Why does the media not mention that 80000 plus people have recovered!!
  • Options
    @Michael T  I think I love you again MT
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Who cares about them there recovered now 😁 also I don't watch news so I wouldn't know. I'll read news from all sources but watching it is a waste of time since it's the same cycle of stuff over and over. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    What is really scary is China makes everything that we need in a crisis. 
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Why does the media not mention that 80000 plus people have recovered!!
    They have - at least from what I saw on channel-surfing - on CNN and MSNBC today).

Full disclosure: I'm neither Red nor Blue in my political leanings, but Purple, and all Rinker nautically. :-)
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,591 mod
    This has been an interesting non-boating topic.  I'd love to see the politics left out of it if possible.  I know, politics are involved with this crap everyday & as was mentioned, that is some of the problem.  We all need to get thru this no matter the beliefs (if I talked politics with half of my dock neighbors, we wouldn't boat together! :)  it's sometimes hard living in a blue state)  Ok, enough of that!

The admiral is a nurse, and she is really seeing a lot of crap.  The stuff I hear each day just really scares me more and more.  I find it hard to even imagine how long recovery will take.  First time in well over 25 years that I pulled my money (well, a decent percentage of it) from the market last week.  Not sure if it was smart or not, but I was getting to the point of not sleeping well because of it all.  I can't believe that I'm still going to work each day.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    @Dream_Inn So your the reason the market has crashed? I knew it! My daughter is a nurse down here and has seen nothing yet in our county at her hospital. 7 cases and 2 deaths both travel related. I guess the heat helps LOL
  • Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    This has been an interesting non-boating topic.  I'd love to see the politics left out of it if possible.  I know, politics are involved with this crap everyday & as was mentioned, that is some of the problem.  We all need to get thru this no matter the beliefs (if I talked politics with half of my dock neighbors, we wouldn't boat together! :)  it's sometimes hard living in a blue state)  Ok, enough of that!

The admiral is a nurse, and she is really seeing a lot of crap.  The stuff I hear each day just really scares me more and more.  I find it hard to even imagine how long recovery will take.  First time in well over 25 years that I pulled my money (well, a decent percentage of it) from the market last week.  Not sure if it was smart or not, but I was getting to the point of not sleeping well because of it all.  I can't believe that I'm still going to work each day.
    We definitely won't solve any of the world's problems on here for sure. 😆 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree to drop the political arguments. Take it elsewhere, I come read here as an out from the everyday madness. Please..

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/