Options

CIVID Boating

Comments

• Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭
    @Dream_Inn Just remember that for right now there is no fishing except in the Bay.  Severn River, South River, Magothy etc  don't open for fishing till later in May.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod
    @Dream_Inn Just remember that for right now there is no fishing except in the Bay.  Severn River, South River, Magothy etc  don't open for fishing till later in May.
    Thanks.  I'd look pretty dumb in the South River with two rods out.  I think most of April I may just hang at the marina anyhow.  But I will pursue the license either way.  (I can always be heading towards the bay :) )

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    In case anybody else on the Potomac reads this:  a Virginia fresh/salt license is valid anywhere on the tidal Potomac, including tidal tributaries on the MD and Va sides.  
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! I need to get tires for my truck before I do any more boating...not sure what Ramos are still open but not many for sure...
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Another nice day out there... after months of being stuck on land this is a nice break... eventually will have to stop heading out because of skin/sun problems from the past.. anyway here's some more CV boating pictures from today.. just pulled over and floated/went for a swim here.. 

Post edited by J3ff on
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! SPF110 my friend.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    This is a bit of a moot point since all marina's and public boat ramps have been closed, but a further restriction was announced yesterday. Would apply I suppose if you had a private ramp or waterfront property. Was apparently put in place because fishing (while safely distancing) is still allowed but there were apparently still some raft up's happening with the excuse that "we are fishing".

"The Government of Ontario has announced the prohibition of Crown land camping. Here are the details:

Despite any Act or regulation that provides otherwise, recreational camping on public lands is prohibited for the duration of the declared emergency and includes occupying any public lands within the meaning of the Public Lands Act, including:

• public lands covered by water or ice or both (My edit: so this includes virtually all waterways in Ontario)
    • for the purposes of outdoor recreational accommodation and includes occupying on the public lands any equipment used for the purpose of outdoor recreational accommodation such as a tent, trailer, tent trailer, recreational vehicle, camper-back and any watercraft equipped for overnight accommodation.
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard Michigan banned all motorised boats on the water.  Sailing yachts, kayaks, pedal boats and canoes are still allowed

Some if these rules seem to make zero sense...but just 10 min in public reveals so many people have zero sense.  
  • Options
    Nice Jeff but your cheating on your rinker...🤪
  • Options
    Yeah..  it's a side job... Have to take out boats to exercise them when the owners aren't around 🤣... Best job ever
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    Yeah..  it's a side job... Have to take out boats to exercise them when the owners aren't around 🤣... Best job ever
    That is the best job ever! LoL  B)
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    I wish my marina had someone like that. I always think in the winter how nice it would be to pay someone to start the engine and check the systems and clean it once a month. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve moved a boat I’ve moved a few boats from marinas to storage for owners years ago made the trip from New Jersey to Florida once that was a trip of a lifetime 
  • Options
    So Jeff, do these owners know your exercising their boats? Just kidding...how do you get that gig and how much does that pay? Insurance?  I can see how this could go south real quick but then it is the keys...and @GMSLITHO that would be a trip of a lifetime....
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    It was a trip of a lifetime actually it was my friend’s farther in-laws boat a 40 foot President and money wasn’t a problem for him and at the time I had no responsibility no house no kids .It was a three week trip all expenses paid after we got the boat to Miami he traded it in for a 60 foot choy lee 
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    So Jeff, do these owners know your exercising their boats? Just kidding...how do you get that gig and how much does that pay? Insurance?  I can see how this could go south real quick but then it is the keys...and @GMSLITHO that would be a trip of a lifetime....
    It's actually part of a bigger job, so taking the boat out really doesn't pay much at all. It's more fun for me and the owners are happy to have some gas moving through the motor.. I'm covered under their insurance just like if you let me drive your boat. 

Sounds amazing GMS... have always wanted to do something like that but the regular job makes that impossible :-/ 
  • Options
    Ontario extending state of emergency another 28 days. So mid May at earliest for access to marinas and launches.
  • Options
    Was just out for a swim/dinner/sunset with my quarantined friend ... sunset got cancelled, but it was neat to watch these clouds roll in. 
  • Options
    5pm on Friday south Carolina is reopening public boat ramps.  The ones they control anyway. They still couldnt close any of the army core ramps. 

I think all the protesters across the country have fog horn leg horn scared.   
  • Options
    I have no clue what going on with our ramps and marinas. They extended our stay at home till May 15 for now....
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    javhavjavhav Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    @aero3113 I spoke to a harbor master by me he said he doesn't give a flying f$$k he's dropping boats in and that he'll be able to trailer my boat and get in just got to fill her up and I'm good too go also what's the gas prices by u?I picked up 200g today @1.78
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod
    I wish I could fill my boat for the $1.50 at Sam's club.  I need to burn off my full tanks first though!  I'm ready to burn some fuel!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    edited April 2020
    @javhav , the thing that might not work in my favor is that I keep my boat in a town marina. Last I heard, the floating docks weren’t in the water yet. They start allowing boats in the second weekend in May normally, keeping my fingers crossed.

Gas is $1.93 by me.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Nice jeff- fl does have fantastic displays of weather...
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    The longer the shut down continues the more you'll see these lawsuits, protests and civil disobedience.  

I love seeing people standing up to the government for their constitutional rights and most importantly their right to go back to work.  Its a beautiful thing.  Makes me think there is still hope for the future of our country.

• Options
  • Options
    Any of you canucks wanna come fill up???