Options

CIVID Boating

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of you canucks wanna come fill up???
    We can’t cross the border!!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    YYZRC said:
    We can’t cross the border!!

That doesn't stop our southern neighbors😄😄😄

• Options
    edited April 2020
    I have new v belts and some imtra switches waiting for me in Niagara Falls NY. I wish I could go get them just for something to do!
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's crazy... it's still 2.07 here in the keys... however I've never been able to fill the boat for 207 bucks, so that'll be the first thing tomorrow... have 37 gallons of gas tanks to fill up, going to do two runs and call it a day. 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't checked the yacht club where I get fuel but last year they were about a dollar cheaper than the car pumps. Hopefully they are around $1.50
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    For us, going to have to use private/neighborhood ramps.

While i dont have a dock at my parents place i do have a deep protected cove to beach the boat on a soft muddy bottom all summer long if public ramps stay closed.  

Will be an inconvenience but it is what it is.  

We dont congregate outside my family to begin with, we are anti social boaters.  

Nope. They'll show up and harass you for anchoring/swimming/leaving the boat.

At least the public ramps were opened without violence, which was planned for Saturday at the local CHS ramps.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    For us, going to have to use private/neighborhood ramps.

While i dont have a dock at my parents place i do have a deep protected cove to beach the boat on a soft muddy bottom all summer long if public ramps stay closed.  

Will be an inconvenience but it is what it is.  

We dont congregate outside my family to begin with, we are anti social boaters.  

Nope. They'll show up and harass you for anchoring/swimming/leaving the boat.

At least the public ramps were opened without violence, which was planned for Saturday at the local CHS ramps.

Most of the army corps ramps never closed.  

As for harassing boaters on Hartwell, there is too much shore line, hidden coves and not enough dnr presence on Hartwell to be much of an issue.  Too cold to swim as of yet unless you're a snow bird.  I still have not launched, the water is too cold. I wont launch until water temps hit 70.

They will harass the party beaches.  Rafting up has never been common occurrence on our area.  Id like the party beaches stopped anyway, they fill the beaches with trash and broken glass.

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that is cheap even with our terrible exchange rate .... less than 0.50 CAD per liter!  I don't remember seeing that kind of a price ... ever ... maybe when I was a very young kid ... but I honestly can't recall anything below 50 cents. Crazy.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    @Dude_Himself where the heck have you been.  Haven't heard from you in a while.
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭
    PickleRick said: I wont launch until water temps hit 70.
    Man, you'd never get to launch your boat in Lake Michigan! Water temp usually doesn't hit 70 until mid-August and then starts falling back down in mid-September. You'd have a whole one-month season  :)
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't vouch for how accurate this is but it is from the NMMA. 

https://boattest.com/article/state-state-breakdown-boating-access

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice find @Willhound - hopefully they'll try and keep it updated.
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Says no boating in Washington however the boat launch where I live is packed everyday and we have been out boating. Our friends just took there boat out today and had to use the boat launch. I know fishing is closed so maybe the article is incorrect on Washington.

I read it closer... State managed areas are closed which our boat launch and marina are either city or privately owned where I am.
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭
    javhav said:
    @aero3113 I spoke to a harbor master by me he said he doesn't give a flying f$$k he's dropping boats in and that he'll be able to trailer my boat and get in just got to fill her up and I'm good too go also what's the gas prices by u?I picked up 200g today @1.78

New York

Access Impacts: In a guidance issued by Gov. Cuomo, marinas and boating access points are now closed.

That's the rule, like it or not. Our boat club has been advised no docks to go in the water. My storage marina can move me out (Monday) and block me in the yard so I can prepare but can't get her wet. They are essential with DEC and Sheriff's operating from there but no private.

To me it makes no sense especially after now mandating masks if < 6' separation, to me that should allow for opening things, not keeping closed wholesale.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Just passed the gas station 1/4 mile from my house. Still 2.17. I'm 15 miles from the Ohio line and its 1.32/gallon. PA gas tax sucks. Any time I go into Ohio I drive whichever vehicle has the least in it and fill it up. Last time I filled my truck over there I took 5 5 gallon cans and filled them too.
  • Options
    javhavjavhav Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    @icoultha well I'm here doing my part putting a beat down on some stripes coming out of the dock we flew past NYPD on my friends boat and nothing they just waved
  • Options
    Nice on the fish!  Out here keeping my distance right now while the rest of Florida goes to the beach apparently?

• Options
    Seems like most are following the rules.. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure is nice to see you enjoying your boat!
  • Options
    If the keys dont open in June i will hate you forever @jeff.  The weather looks perfect down there.  
  • Options
    javhavjavhav Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    If the keys dont open in June i will hate you forever @jeff.  The weather looks perfect down there.  
    Sounds like it'll be open by middle of May.! Right now it doesn't get much better... The water has really warmed up... It actually rained today and felt great!

Pictures are out of order but this was this afternoon till sunset today.

• Options
    Water temp today
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭
    javhav said:

Common sense is prevailing and what I thought may happen with the new “wear masks” requirement. Mine should be out and blocked Monday so I can start to prep.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Great photos @J3ff ......it's snowing here tonight, enough already.
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    I hope someone in Ontario government takes the hint ASAP.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently the Ontario Marinas Assoc has written a request to revisit along with safe operating guidelines. Let's hope.
    If they allow it watch the campgrounds and trailer folks howl.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Am i the only one who's worried about how this is gonna affect the greatest week on earth, Shark Week???
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    Apparently the Ontario Marinas Assoc has written a request to revisit along with safe operating guidelines. Let's hope.
    I hope you’re right!!