Options

CIVID Boating

Comments

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure you're tired of these, but just incase one person is enjoying them... went to check out Mosquito Bank (Key largo) today... took the jetski.. it's a shallow sandy area off shore... apparently at low low tide it's an amazing sand bar.. Looked good!!
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great place to snorkel.  Talked the the place we rent our boats from down in the keys, he seems to think they will open in May.  
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Well, if this is any sort of indication of what experts think ... SECDEF is extending the DoD travel ban for another 45 days, through 30 June.  
  • Options
    I dont think that would make any sense and would tank too many businesses.  The government over reach experiment was tested, doesn't work and has only **** off the working class.  
  • Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Am i the only one who's worried about how this is gonna affect the greatest week on earth, Shark Week???

One of the symptoms of Covid-19
    Is sharting 💩

Oldie butt a Goodie! 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    I'm sure you're tired of these, but just incase one person is enjoying them... went to check out Mosquito Bank (Key largo) today... took the jetski.. it's a shallow sandy area off shore... apparently at low low tide it's an amazing sand bar.. Looked good!!
    No problem here with these pics. This whole thing has me thinking F it.... time to move down there finally....
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Shart week in the keys would be better than shart week in the Carolinas
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    bry1429 said:
    Am i the only one who's worried about how this is gonna affect the greatest week on earth, Shark Week???

One of the symptoms of Covid-19
    Is sharting 💩

Oldie butt a Goodie! 
    One more reason to not wear white pants!
  • Options
    Thongs, iguanas and shart attacks
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Apparently the Ontario Marinas Assoc has written a request to revisit along with safe operating guidelines. Let's hope.
    Haven’t heard anything about this - do you have a source?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was on Lefroy Harbour FB page. Sorry, I think I said Ontario Marina assoc. It is, but through Boating Ontario. 

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lefroy is now part of Maple Leaf Marinas so hopefully they're aligned in advocating!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Yeah, my understanding is a bunch of the big marinas got together along with Boating Ontario to represent both the industry and us users. Bith Lefriy and Kon Tiki on Simcoe are now Maple Leaf. Apparently the old owners and team are staying on to operate.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received this letter today.  :)

2008 330EC
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep - NY marina and boat yards are allowed to open under the distancing rules.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    we are boating on table rock = it is a corps lake = we have a in place rule and a 6 feet but our governor has from the beginning has been about getting out side = courtesy of sea tow and our marina whats up dock = we are enjoying while we can i am non essential and my wife is furloughed = my father 88 is out side new orleans  in a covid room = but doing well = no since
    **** n and moan n politics = no matter who-what-where respect whose in office and your country = or as i always say theirs plenty of other countries to chose from = gripes my **** to all that **** n.
    1 thing = there is a shortage on rv/marine grade tp
    ok i did not no bit chen was not allowed
    that is all
    bit 
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm just a glutton for punishment. It's jetski maintenance time, so instead of putting it up on the floating dock as usual, I pulled it out and put it on the trailer yesterday, oil change this week at some point is in its future.  However, upon pulling the drain plugs a LOT of water started flowing. So I quickly closed the plug and went looking inside.

The thing had GALLONS of water inside, with water sprayed all over the place. Pretty obvious there's a leak somewhere!! I guess it's good work has been cut do about 1/3 the usual amount... will fix it and put it up for sale. I think a new jetboat is in my future... 24 or 27... after selling the ski and the 270.. we'll see! 
  • Options
    Jeff, a little Hobie cat would give you less problems! 

The jet ski could be as simple as a hose with a pin hole
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Jeff, a little Hobie cat would give you less problems! 

The jet ski could be as simple as a hose with a pin hole
    Hobie cat!  That is my "go-to" fun toy!  I love playing on those things!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Those 16 and 18 ft hobies will fly. So long as your can hang enough weight on the toon so she doesn't flip
  • Options
    has anyone else had a stray covid kitten appear in their yard? 
  • Options
    Wow! That one's young. Not sure it would even be weaned yet.
  • Options
    Its about 6 weeks.  Still needs a lot of hands on care.  Showed with no mom to be found.  We have 3 cats that are all spayed/neutered so it's not ours...well the admiral says its ours now.  
  • Options
    When my wife was in college her roommate bought a kitten off a bum on the street that was only 2 weeks old. She didn’t realize what she got herself into, so my wife and myself took over. She took her to the vet for a check up, vet didn’t think it would survive but all was good. We bottle fed her for a while and is still living with her parents till this day.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    @Dream_Inn, I did some COVID fishing Sunday. 

Wanted to go out but it was too windy, so I caught two fish right in the slip.  One was a 3-pound catfish taken on a chunk of hotdog about five feet behind the swim platform.

The other was a Sunfish.  She was coming back into her slip, and I had a line across the channel.  Okay, she was actually a Hunter 27, not a Sunfish, but it makes a better story when I say she was a Sunfish.  I lost a hook, sinker and about 75 feet of line on that exchange.  And a piece of hotdog.  
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LaRea You wanna be careful hanging your wieners in the water like that. Never know what it will get snagged on. 

@aero3113 At least the roommate paid the bum. Some friends we met last year when overnighting at a marina had some cats on their boat and apparently his wife took them from some "meth head" on the streets because they weren't taking care of it 😆
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    The cats were lucky your friends did that!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Ya Jeff, don't be a handy on us😷
    Post edited by rasbury on
  • Options
    Well....Covid or no Covid..Mother Nature is still a biatch. View out my backyard this morning. Would normally be getting ready for launch next week but regardless of marina being closed our temps are looking like nothing above 50 F for the next two weeks.
    Sigh.....I'd take up drinking....but I'm already pretty good at it.