Options

CIVID Boating

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,564 mod
    @LaRea that is a good fishing story!  I think by the next time we meet up, you will have it sounding even better! :)  It seems that the only nice days we've had have been really windy.  & we've been a good 10 degrees below normal this time of year.  That's the main reason that I haven't uncovered, which I'm now going to wait until May 1st (haven't done that in 20 years).  Oh well, could be worse.  Could be @Willhound ! :)  (I think I'd take up drinking all week, not just weekends!)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our days have been at or near the 70s for a few weeks now. The nights are still getting down in the 30s and 40s.  

All our boat ramps are open, camp grounds still closed.  Many retail stores and flea markets/thrift stores open back up this week. 

Only about 5% of our state's population has tested positive for the covid virus.  Business and political leaders feel its time to start opening things back up.
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Well....Covid or no Covid..Mother Nature is still a biatch. View out my backyard this morning. Would normally be getting ready for launch next week but regardless of marina being closed our temps are looking like nothing above 50 F for the next two weeks.
    Sigh.....I'd take up drinking....but I'm already pretty good at it. 
    Was the same here this morning and it’s been on and off since. Drove through a squall earlier blowing chunks.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats...we brought one home from a parking lot(we have one) and the vet said two grand to fix her issues...found another vet for 300....sucker for a animal in trouble...several shelter dogs over the years.

Weather here has been awesome...going to rain this weekend but next week might be a vacation day!
  • Options
    The covid kitty got a clean bill of health from the vet.  It is a he.  His name is Rick Sanchez.  Little Rick for now. 

His approximately 6 weeks old now. Worm free and got his first shots.  

He has wirey grey fur mixed with his black coat.  Like an old little cat. 
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cute Kitty...

Went for another sunset cruise with my quarantine friend... found a nice private lagoon. (Closed hotel)...

• Options
    All those little mangrove islands in the distance...and you're high enough in the islands for spear fishing. 

I'd eat fish a few nights a week.
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Today is my daughters birthday and the kids want to go to the lake. It’s supposed to be pretty windy today, and from the NW, so that makes the lake get pretty nasty rough. I guess we will go try and out and see if we can find a cove out of the wind. 
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    @J3ff
    wait ................. whaaaat
    cute kitty = went for another sunset cruise with my quarantine friend...=  :* 

• Options
    All those little mangrove islands in the distance...and you're high enough in the islands for spear fishing. 

I'd eat fish a few nights a week.
    During the "swim" yesterday (really just hanging onto a float) some fish were down around my feet... kind of big... a couple of them came up and took a little nibble.. easily could have speared them (I think.. never tried before)
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Watch out for the two fins sticking out of the water...they take bigger bites...
    Post edited by rasbury on
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michigan just opened up motorized boating today!  Boat launching starts Monday. The scramble starts!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Well the forecast was wrong. It was a beautiful day out on the water today. Even beached and did some grilling. 
  • Options
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    @69fastback if Rinker was still looking for PR photos, those would both be great candidates!  Unfortunately for us all, that ship has sailed.
  • Options
    The beach one would be better if I had a nice factory Bimini again. I need to search here because I know the contact has been posted to order one. Does anyone have that, so I can get one ordered?
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @69fastback , I sent you a PM.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    @69fastback , I sent you a PM.
    Thank you, sir. 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have not put my 280 on the beach and I am super jealous of that photo. We will probably beach it next time the weather clears. The island across from our marina is about 10 feet deep right up to the shoreline, I think the river flow has been eroding it so it's deep. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pics. @69fastback I like the idea of that mirror, I'm constantly turning my head to watch for overtaking boats. Do you recall where you got it?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Yes, that detail did not go unnoticed. The St John's river area I boat is pretty narrow and has some good bends as well and a little nerve racking sometimes when it's busy. Some a holes will try to pass on a curve- need those no passing lines on the water like roads. I get surprised sometimes being overtaken even though I try to watch...I would have something that comes on and off because of my mooring cover...
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Nice pics. @69fastback I like the idea of that mirror, I'm constantly turning my head to watch for overtaking boats. Do you recall where you got it?
    I have a similar one with suction cup I leave stuck on the inside of the windscreen the season. West Marine I believe it came from.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Willhound said:
    It’s this one right here. 

I just use it for pulling my kids. My wife is the spotter, but it’s nice for me to be able to keep an eye on them too.
  • Options
    Well the forecast was wrong. It was a beautiful day out on the water today. Even beached and did some grilling. 
    All ya need is a nice beach like that!!! Looks awesome! Have never been to Texas, but it's on the list of things to do when this CV time is over. 
  • Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    I still have not put my 280 on the beach and I am super jealous of that photo. We will probably beach it next time the weather clears. The island across from our marina is about 10 feet deep right up to the shoreline, I think the river flow has been eroding it so it's deep. 
    I'd be super weary of having the out drive touch the bottom at all. I know you said 10 feet deep right to the shoreline which is sweet, but be careful! A friend did that in his sea ray and a wave came in, drive hit the bottom hard, LOTS of water in the boat after that. 
  • Options
    I'll definitely keep the outdrive trim up and glide her in. We have been close and you can definitely see it is very deep up to the shoreline and then we'll have about 2 miles of sandy sandy to ourselves. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    You have to trim it up before you get to the beach. If my outdrive will touch, I won’t beach, but we are familiar with these beaches. The lake is about 5’ high so it’s a little more shallow off the back, but still plenty of room even if you left it down. I still trim it all the way up though. 
  • Options
    And I also have a keel guard on the boat. 
  • Options
    I almost asked if you had a guard. Guess that answers that. Thanks!
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Mount Vernon, home of the Father of our Country.  Absent the usual Saturday crowd of visitors, of course.