• Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    theirs the problems
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Posted this if anyone might need it 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Dr. McCullough is a respected virologist with a reputation for truthful reporting.

Haha -- no, I'm being sarcastic.  He's a heart doctor with no background in virology who recently found a niche selling vax misinformation and anti-vax messaging.  He has published one book, and it has nothing to do with virology or disease control.  

Reuters called the McCullough interview "false and misleading."
    https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-coronavirus-reinfection/fact-check-cdc-did-not-admit-covid-19-can-only-be-caught-once-idUSL1N2TC0PH

The false claims about PCR tests are debunked in many articles including this one.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/12/30/fact-check-cdcs-pcr-test-withdrawn-after-dec-31/9053100002/
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have personally witnessed a family member tests positive twice for Corona, right at the start when tests came out and then again this past summer.. I have not witnessed but have seen personal stories told by people that they have tested positive twice.. 

Have heard about that Dr. - he's absolutely wrong on can't be positive twice. 
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    I am with Lake_Bum. 
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Dr.  McCullough seems like a good dude.

"McCullough was also in the news this year due to a legal dispute with his former employer, Baylor Scott & White Health. According to the lawsuit, McCullough allegedly misrepresented himself as a Baylor employee “dozens, if not hundreds, of times” after he stopped worked there. At the time, the cardiologist’s attorney described the lawsuit as a “politically motivated attempt to silence Dr. McCullough as he saves countless patient lives from COVID-19 and from ancillary actions related to COVID-19."
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭

2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what Trump's answer was...quit testing and you'll have no one with Covid, problem solved!”  and by the way when I said this, it was a quote from trump, nothing I made up...
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    That's what Trump's answer was...quit testing and you'll have no one with Covid, problem solved!”  and by the way when I said this, it was a quote from trump, nothing I made up...
    Like I said, we don't test for colds or flu and no one cares about those numbers Ras!!!
  • Options
    USA Today, CNN, MSNBC, etc......also all agree that Ivermectin doesn't work, and is harmful.  What an absolute JOKE our media is in this country.  
    Ivermectin is one of the most used drugs on the planet. 3rd world countries use it weekly to treat parasites they ingest in a bad water supply.  It has saved millions, possibly billions of lives.  
    It also reduces the viral load with Covid.  That is PROVEN, but suppressed by Big pharma, and the media.  CNN's Don Lemmon blasted Joe Rogan's treatment of his Covid with LIES saying he used Horse De-wormer with Ivermectin in it.  LIES LIES LIES.   And proven as such, but never admitted.  And the Sheeple believe it.....as always. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @Lake_Bum, you say it's "PROVEN" that Ivermectin "reduces the viral load."  You're holding vaccines to a high standard, so let's apply that same standard here. 

Let me start by saying that my initial research leaves me skeptical.  The New England Journal of Medicine, which has a good reputation for medical research, has nothing good to say about Ivermectin.  

I'll list my questions so you can answer them all individually.  

Who proved that Ivermectin works for treating COVID, and how? 
    What exactly does Ivermectin do for COVID patients, and under what circumstances? 
    How many people have used Ivermectin to treat COVID, and what is the track record?  
    What are the side effects, and how are they being tracked? 
    Who performed the large-scale blind testing to investigate side effects?  
    Who funded the studies you are quoting?

Regarding your negative focus on The Media: 

Who told you the information you're quoting about Ivermectin? 
    What was their motivation for telling you? 
    Was any of it ad-supported media paid by the click? 

I predict you won't answer any of those questions, but you should answer this one:  

Have you done ANY real research to back up your statements, or are you just a parroting something a comedian told you on his podcast?  You have accused everybody here of being the "Sheeple."  Maybe you should use your detailed independent research to show us that you're not "Sheeple."  
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Since opinions are flying off the shelf here, who really trusts CNN for their primary news?  Yes, I'm invested in AT&T, but still wish they'd sell off CNN.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t CNN the digital equivalent of the National Enquirer?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Covid was the only cured to the democrat to secure the WH. New York, a lot of blue state  sent a lot of nursing home peoples to their resting places last year and nobody is talking about it. But you chose not to get an experimental vaccine and you are a criminal.  
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oscar1 said:
    Covid was the only cured to the democrat to secure the WH. New York, a lot of blue state  sent a lot of nursing home peoples to their resting places last year and nobody is talking about it. But you chose not to get an experimental vaccine and you are a criminal.  
    This is false. The vaccine is not experimental. Pfizer was authorized until august and has been fully approved since august. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Nobody's a criminal here.  A forum member posted unsubstantiated claims.  I asked him to provide the same level of evidence that he requires for other arguments.  It's form of conversation called debating.  
  • Options
    Ivermectin obliterates 97 percent of Delhi cases | National | thedesertreview.com

Over 300 million Delhi citizens were given a packet, containing supplements, vitamins, and Ivermectin.  Covid cases were extremely high before that packet was distributed, and cases dropped to almost NOTHING.  Dr. Sanjay Gupta admitted to studying this packet distribution, (on Joe Rogan's podcast) and he was crucified by his own network for it (CNN).  
    2 months ago, that study was very easily found on Google.  Now I cannot locate it.  Lamestream media has scrubbed it off of Google.  But your test group, was over 300 MILLION people.  It doesn't get any bigger then that.  

And yes.....anyone who believes the media (any network) is definitely a SHEEP.  

I took Ivermectin myself. It worked.  I was BAD when I first tested positive, and in under 48 hours, I was only a slight fever, that's it.   

ANY Doctor who has come forward supporting it, is instantly demonized, and basically wiped off the map. (think Trump) banned from Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, etc.....voice silenced.  This whole thing stinks.  Ivermectin WORKS, but the patent expired long ago, and can be produced generically, and big pharma cannot profit off of it.  Pfizer has made their own version of a magic pill, and guess what.....the chemical compound is Ivermectin with their own little tweak on it.  Boom ~ no patent, profit billions.  Yes....this whole thing stinks.  

Research when Moderna started their vaccine.  It was the summer of 2019.  Ya think that stinks?  I do. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 535 ✭✭✭
    It was scrubbed from google because it was untrue and the research Moderna was doing was into MNRA technology not covid 19 specifically. 

• Options
    Yea....Google would never be untruthful. Or manipulate search engine results, neither would Facebook or Twitter.....oh wait, they have on a regular basis. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Really?  That's all you have?  An article by an author who writes under the pseudonym Justus R. Hope?  He won't even disclose his real name?  All he does is present a graph that I could create in 10 minutes, and spout a bunch of vitriolic nonsense imploring readers not to question his data.  

Next, you ask us to believe that, tragically, bad men have "scrubbed" all of this life-saving information from the entire internet.  Of the 8 billion people on Earth, and untold millions of laptops, servers and internet archives, NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON has saved a copy of the information, so it's gone forever.  Nothing can be done about it.  Sad.  

How about this:  pick ANY ONE of my questions, and provide an answer that stands up to reasonable scrutiny.  

Let's pick the easiest and most obvious question:
    Who proved that Ivermectin works for treating COVID, and how? 
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as a data point. My Unvaxxed friend who caught this at the very same party I caught it at has taken a turn for the worse. At first it appeared his vaxxed wife was going to have the worst symptoms out of the two. He appeared to be doing better than her, but then today, all of a sudden he had some kind of breathing issues, had to use a couple inhalers and is now running a bad fever. Went to a clinic but they turned him away saying 'go to the ER' - he did not, and I'm not sure why.  He is a staunch anti vaxxer, etc.. I guess we'll see. Sure hope I don't lose a friend to something that I got over in less than 24 hours. 
  • Options
    I also asked:
    Who told you the information you're quoting about Ivermectin? 
    What was their motivation for telling you? 

If anybody reads past the first 900 words of the "Justus R. Hope" article, they will understand its true motivation:  IT'S AN ADVERTISEMENT.

The author is selling a E-book. That's it, plain and simple.  It's a naked advertisement, and I guess a bunch of gullible sheep have fallen for the sales pitch.  A little later in the article, they even stoop to asking for money on gofundme.  It's pathetic.  
  • Options
    This conversation is pathetic. Everyone's minds are made up. Arguing is pointless.  

Happy New Year 🤙
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    @J3ff No matter any beliefs here, we are all with you and hope that your friend is ok. It doesn't get any more serious until they are looking at death.  I will pray for you and your friend tonight.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    So, my wife's BIL has covid for the 2nd time around.  The 1st time it took over 6 months for full recovery from things like recovery from smelling.  He said it was extremely tough for a couple days and worried if he left his wife and two boys. This time I hear it is still serious but getting thru it at home.  None of them have the vaccine, but that is not the point (not do I have a point).  The kids have been concerned for sure about their father.  I've always been able to have great chats with him about anything.  Heck, ok, maybe I shouldn't go there...nevermind, I deleted. I just hope they end up ok.  My wife makes sure she says nothing to offend them, hoping they all make it through ok.  

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Lake_Bum said:
    This conversation is pathetic. Everyone's minds are made up. Arguing is pointless.  

Happy New Year 🤙

And this is why this thread needs to be closed. Discussion one thing, when friends on here start suggesting others are criminals its gone too far.

Mods - close it down, this is a boating forum.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    I am with Lake_Bum about EVERYONE HAS THEIR MINDS MADE UP. I am glad I got mind, But I believe we all have one common passion and it is boating.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I got to get the heII out of New York 
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Great -- so we agree there's no credible evidence that ivermectin helps COVID patients. 

Before @J3ff started this thread, my research had convinced me that the benefits of vaccination outweigh the risks.  While participating in this thread, I did a few more hours of research, all of which led me to the same conclusion. 

Along the way, I debated the statements that I thought were obviously false, and I tried to do it without being disrespectful.  I respect @Lake_Bum and everybody else who shared their thoughts here.  

So if the thread gets closed, I'm okay with that.  
This discussion has been closed.