Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    Winterized and put away for the season.  Always a bittersweet day.  Until Spring time!  B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭
    Towed boat down to dealer for indoor/cold storage & some maintenance..

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭
    If it wasn't for the autumn colors in the background this could pass for a spring launch photo. Can't believe it looks that good coming out of the water!
  • Options
    TonyG13 said:
    If it wasn't for the autumn colors in the background this could pass for a spring launch photo. Can't believe it looks that good coming out of the water!
    Thanks man, in season we have the boat stored - indoor rack & launch. Keeps the canvas/gelcoat & bottom mint.

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    its not rinker clean ... but it's clean.   Bayliners usually epoxy the hatch shut at the end of the assembly line, they are not built to last long enough to even bother checking the oil level. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    And I'm sure one of you are going to point out my gear lube bottle is nearly at the add line. 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I'm sure one of you are going to point out my gear lube bottle is nearly at the add line. 
    I get anxiety when my gear lube drops below the full line.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking good @PickleRick !😎
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Beautiful boat @mattie ! ⚓️
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    This is a huge compliment coming from someone who could let his kids run around his engine room wearing Easter clothes! 
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    This is a huge compliment coming from someone who could let his kids run around his engine room wearing Easter clothes! 
    😂😂
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭
    I actually was able to get my boat registered today....and it only took 2 months.  MD decided to change the requirements from what was posted on the website on me.  The bill of sale from the broker wasn't good enough for them.  They required a bill of sale from the owner with original signatures.  I have bought and sold several houses all using docusign.  The fact that they want to see a wet signature in this day and age is so incredibly antiquated.  I was just so happy the previous owner was willing to still work with me and help out.  What was even more fun was that he had to do it three times.  Lost in the mail once, UPS lost one and the final one got to me yesterday. I was litterally ready to start the process to register it as an abandoned boat.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭✭
    Canvas off, cleaned out rear bilge from hot water drain out, scattered a box of dryer sheets, left 2 damp rid tubs, put the cover on, tapped the bow and missed her goodnight for the season. All on a 77 degree day so a kick in the face to go with it.

One day closer to launch…. B)

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    So, I put damp rid in my boat today.  But, I was able to enjoy a friends boat anchored out today while enjoying my Mai tais!  Loved it!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I actually was able to get my boat registered today....and it only took 2 months.  MD decided to change the requirements from what was posted on the website on me.  The bill of sale from the broker wasn't good enough for them.  They required a bill of sale from the owner with original signatures.  I have bought and sold several houses all using docusign.  The fact that they want to see a wet signature in this day and age is so incredibly antiquated.  I was just so happy the previous owner was willing to still work with me and help out.  What was even more fun was that he had to do it three times.  Lost in the mail once, UPS lost one and the final one got to me yesterday. I was litterally ready to start the process to register it as an abandoned boat.
    @davidbrooks love to see more pics of that CC launch. Those are the coolest boats. Done anything to it yet?

• Options
    Stripped down and ready for a new hull. 

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    What took so long 
  • Options
    GMSLITHO said:
    What took so long 
    LoL! I was thinking the same.
    @YYZRC said it’s going to be a “winter project”.
    More like a weekend project!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Yeah, this hasn't gone as expected. At this rate it will be rebuilt and water tested by next weekend.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Got mine washed up a bit- I had cleaned the non skid on the swim platform and the front deck but did not have the wax so it got nasty quick so recleaned and waxed today and put up for the season, which starts again next weekend Lol- 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭
    @mattie thanks.  I haven't done anything except pay the taxes $$$$.  So that counts for the time being.  I have about $3k worth of upgrades i want to do as soon as i can set aside the money.  My plans are to upgrade the dash with a MFD and all digital mercmonitor guages and to also replace the stereo.  I am hoping i can do some this winter but for right now i am just enjoying being able to take it out without fear of getting a ticket for not having it registered. We had an 80 degree day here this weekend and i was loving it.  Hitting some of these creeks with the fall colors is pretty amazing.

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 320 ✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    Stripped down and ready for a new hull. 

Was wondering what was under the skin of my Sparks !!!   That's extensive teardown...  Did you use a saw to cut away the old hull??? Nice seadoo dolly where did you get it ??
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    Sawzall made very quick work of it. 

The dolly is from Amazon US. $140 in America and $400 here :/

https://www.blackwidowpro.com/jet-ski-pwc/carriers-dollies/p/pwc-dolly-v2/
  • Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 320 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I have been looking for a good dolly everything up here is $$$$$.  How long until you get the hull for the spark??
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    I am picking the hull and all other parts up from St Onge on Saturday! 
  • Options
    Got some solar driveway/dock lights years ago on closeout at Costco for $5/each. Well made, aluminum frames. Over the years the acrylic lens started to fog, so today I tried the Cerakote Ceramic Headlight restoration kit on them. Worked like a charm. Supposedly good for life. We will see. For $15 and a 1/2 hour of labor is was cheaper than buying new lights.

Here is the before and after...

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    @TonyG13 Now hopefully the batteries will last.  I just bought some for my driveway that light either blue or white (you can switch it) for 5 bucks each.  So far they work well.  I also just used the cerakote on my headlights.  I was impressed enough that I bought another kit to do my son’s car.  May I could use the extra on the lights after for extra protection! Lol!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    @TonyG13 Now hopefully the batteries will last.
    Batteries is the very first thing I switched out when I got them. I put in Amazon Basics High Capacity 2400mAh rechargeables. Highly recommend. They last all night.
  • Options
    polyglow is 2 years old.  Between dogs, kid and heavy traffic it discolored pretty quickly.  People complain about it being hard to remove as it discolors but a brush, lacquer thinner and some paper towels takes it right off.   Will clean with cheap bathroom cleaner with bleach and then wax using McGuire's 3 step boat wax.

I'll see which one lasts the longest.

First year I had no wax and just wet, scrubbed with a brush and bathroom cleaner then rinsed off.   Had to be done every one to 3 weeks depending on weather.  The scrubbing was often but I could make it look clean I less than 10 minutes.

If wax becomes a pain like this where it looks bad despite a good cleaning I'll leave it unwaxed.