Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭
    As part of my radar arch work I started tagging wires for future reference...

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takes all the adventure out of it...JK- I'm usually in a hurry to get it put back together to think that far ahead sometimes!
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭
    Used a wire brush to clean up the rubber backing on some of the snap in carpet.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭
    Sprayed with black flexible rubber. Flex Seal type stuff....

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    I redid my port window screens.  I’m pretty happy with them.

Also filled the dinghy with water and found a few spots water was coming in.  Fixed and cleaned her up.  Not bad for about 15 years old.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Yeah, that does look very funny!  It is part of a whole section all sofa.  We also have a love seat.  Well we moved the love seat into the sectional and that piece where we had the love seat because the love seat had two recliners.  

• Options
    goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    Been out of commission for a while with a blown engine. 
    Ran it this summer for about twenty five hours and keeping my fingers crossed that all is okay. Was a poor summer and lost lots of boat time due to weather. 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened @goalie59 ?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Hey YYZRC , we had a really bad overheat and took out number six piston and cylinder. Quite painful , parts issues and a long delay. Hopefully that is all behind us 
  • Options
    @Dream_Inn, how did you "re screen" them...mine don't look so good...
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    @Dream_Inn, how did you "re screen" them...mine don't look so good...
    So, if you pull one out and look at it, you can see that the plastic ring that goes around is actually 2 pieces.  I separated that ring carefully using a sharp knife and a screwdriver.  They are glued together with the screen mashed in the middle.  There are little notches (about 4 or 6 total) that originally allowed you to align the two pieces together.  After pulling them apart, they really didn't exist anymore.  I was then able to pull the screen off (it was glued in there as well), sometimes cutting it first.  I had a hypalon glue, that I used on my dinghy, that I used to glue the pieces back together with the new screen.  I then cut the rest of the screen off around the outside edges.  The first one was a pain and I did break it in a few pieces, but it got a bit easier after that.  Was a lot cheaper then spending like $40 or more on one new screen.

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    My boat is about to get evicted out of my covered storage.  I am buying a class A diesel pusher, and it will be taking over the prime spot I have.  Poor Rinker lol 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:
    My boat is about to get evicted out of my covered storage.  I am buying a class A diesel pusher, and it will be taking over the prime spot I have.  Poor Rinker lol 
    I am looking to do the same thing next year, Maybe a  2004 to 2009 Newells coach. Good luck with your new toy.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice upgrades!⚓️
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great work!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    oscar1 said:
    Lake_Bum said:
    I am looking to do the same thing next year, Maybe a  2004 to 2009 Newells coach. Good luck with your new toy.
    Very nice @oscar1 !  I'm buying a 2002 Monaco Diplomat.  It has been babied it's entire life, stored indoors.  Definitely a diamond in the rough.  I'll be prepping my 5th wheel to sell in Spring when prices are on the rise for the season  B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    My 2006 Rinker Fiesta Vee 270 didn't have any convenient storage space at the helm, so this glovebox from Boat Outfitters was the perfect addition. I repurposed the original factory deck plate that was used for maintenance, as it was the only place it could actually fit.  This glovebox can be easily removed if necessary for maintenance or upgrades, and likely will very soon ;)  

Thanks to the several Starboard color choices I was even able to match the gelcoat by selecting Seafoam as the color, so that was a very nice touch. I'll probably add USB power to this unit's interior and maybe a wireless charging pad, but for now it's perfect. She's solid and looks absolutely factory!!

Also, I removed an old GPS unit and needed something to hide the ugly holes...this Scanstrut Wireless Charger Nest was just the ticket.  Although I didn't care for black as it will only make the phone hotter in the summer, I will likely find something to cover it up while storing a phone there.  Note the thickness of that dash at the thickest point of the cutout...ugh!!  I went through 4 jigsaw blades doing this project. :neutral:

Installation: I used a jigsaw (and multi-tool on the aft corners on glovebox) to cut the rectangular hole after drilling my 4 corner holes, then profiling the cutout with a dremel and 1/2" sanding drum. After verifying the fit, I drilled holes for the screws...always remember to chamfer the holes after drilling!

Just an FYI.....on my old 342, that deckplate was the only way to access the windless soleniod/relay. I needed to get to that when I put in a wireless remote.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 140 ✭✭
    Today- winterized the big boat after it was blocked Saturday. Everything else is out and covered. Only have the 20 Grady in the water and probably not much longer. 
    2002 180      Eastern LI, NY
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NAPA was having a sale ☺️. Got just about everything I need for all the regular maintenance. Just missing transmission filters and a fuel filter for the generator. 

8 gallons of oil
    2 gallons transmission fluid
    5 filters
    Diesel additive 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    @Formulaben looks like nice work to me. I have the PO GPS, which does not work, then mounted my Garmin on the flat surface above the old one- so I could easily remove it.
    Just an FYI, I found storage behind the seat back across from the helm- probably 3 years after I owned it..maybe longer!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    So, my son and I have been learning more about outboards.  Main lesson when rebuilding a 2stroke is to use loctite in the main bolts that hold the piston arms to the crankshaft.   
    So, I bought a nice used Yamaha 2 stroke that is EFI.  

Installed it today with my son.
    He will wire it all up over his holiday break when he is done with school in a couple weeks.  Can’t wait to hear her run!!

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OX66 is a great engine, bulletproof, probably the best 2 stroke that Yamaha built. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ox is awesome if you can afford the fuel!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    Wow, that thing is a beast!  And he looks like a very happy young man ... tell him I said hello.  
  • Options
    Wow, where to start!  First, @PickleRick it can’t be more thirsty that the 200 Johnson we had before!  I would think EFI would be a bit better than carburetors.  
    @Liberty44140 I’m glad to hear you know the motor!  How did you recognize it? I’m really excited!  The admiral and I will have to sneak out on it this summer a few times!
    @LaRea he was so happy!  He drove home from school today and smiled ear to ear all day long!  

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    The ox is very fuel efficient for a 2 stroke no doubt.  Simple, easy to work on, good new and used parts support.   Still about a 1/3 more fuel consumption than a comparable modern 4stroke.   A downfall I didn't care about until high test gasoline was consistently north 4 bucks a gallon.   
  • Options
    NAPA was having a sale ☺️. Got just about everything I need for all the regular maintenance. Just missing transmission filters and a fuel filter for the generator. 

Hey Aqua, what is your fuel conditioning plan, I have been going with Biobor JP, Diesel Kleen and Kleen Flo Lubricator. Unfortuanatly our marina ran out of diesel at the end of the season so the tanks got put away at half full. I was not too happy about that.