Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Picked up a little  10.5' SIB to play with this summer as an alternate to taking the 212 out all of the time. Picked up a Tohatsu 9.8 for the back. Outfitted the little guy with seat cushions, storage bags, launch wheels and oars. Took it out yesterday for a test run and I did not like it . After an hour of messing around I packed it back up in my utility trailer and listed it for sale.  Trailering and operating the 212 was way easier and less stressful. 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    @halifax212 I’ve done soft bottom (aluminum floor boards, not inflatable), RIB, and now have ordered a centre console RIB. Too old for tiller steering now. I feel you!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    So, I will be trying my old 8hp evinrude on a hard bottom tomorrow.  Should be fun!!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Enjoy your day ..good luck with the boat 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Well, yesterday it was.

Fitted new steering wheel
    Went over all clamps in engine room.
    Checked IAC filter and spark arrestors
    Fitted Mantus S2 swivel
    Fitted slip corner fenders - don’t like wood corners…
    Checked fluids again

As well as worked some electrical issues on docks and friends boat.

Busy day.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
    Boat was pulled out of storage Wednesday, and we made the 100 mile trip up Thursday to buff the black.  Next trip up, polish and wax.  Also need to work in touching up bottom paint and outdrives, and removing props and greasing shafts.

• Options
    Installed 2 of 4 new blower vent ducts and new covers yesterday before the storm came in. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 534 ✭✭✭
    Ian said:
    Installed 2 of 4 new blower vent ducts and new covers yesterday before the storm came in. 
    Any pictures?  This job on my to do list. Link to the covers you used?
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    I just order my two set of hill marine 4x4 20 pitch prop
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replaced my 4 cockpit lights and did the oil change today. Pulling the boat tomorrow with the lift and doing outdrive oil, transducer and cleaning the hull. 

@Ian I am also interested in which new blower covers you put on. I am also replacing mine. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to find some new cockpit lights but looking for warm white. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    This is what I have only in white. Different brand but they look to be the same item. 

TCTAuto Livewell Marine LED Lights for Boats Courtesy Accent Exterior Interior Underwater Bait Tank Lighting Round Button Clear Lens IP68 Waterproof 12V White Thru Hull Lights, Pack of 4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085YFH3GK/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_2NS51HK9PH1M28SGG7F2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    And so it begins. The boat has been in the water with no bottom paint for 3 years I used starbrite hull cleaner and it worked great. I have a very long day ahead of me with polishing and waxing the whole boat and other jobs. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put her in today 😁⚓️

2008 330EC
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    wow great weather today for it .....I haven't even taken my cover off yet and I have a lot of work to get done before I launch 
  • Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    Corral42 said:
    Installed a new overhead TV today onto the hardtop.  Android-based with Bluetooth so it can play through the Radio as it didn't have pre-outs for the built-in AMP.  Turned out really good. 
    It looks great. What tv did you use?
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0957M522M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

XTRONS Android Car Overhead Player 17.3 Inch Wide IPS Screen Car Roof Mount Monitor with Built-in Stereo Speakers Flip Down Overhead Car Monitor Support 8K Video Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi, HDMI, USB, IR

Hope that helps Corral42
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    GMSLITHO said:
    wow great weather today for it .....I haven't even taken my cover off yet and I have a lot of work to get done before I launch 
    It was great weather!
     Luckily the hauler picked up the boat in my yard at 8:00. I was in my slip by 10:00 after a quick test run. By 11:00 the wind really picked up. You can see my new mylar windsocks blowing. I only have temporary lines set, hopefully tomorrow I can set the permanent ones up. @Liberty44140 I went with red this season instead of blue. Supposedly seagulls don’t like the color red.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Pat310 said:
    Ian said:
    Any pictures?  This job on my to do list. Link to the covers you used?
    Patience :) photos when finished!

Replacement Boat Parts 4" Stainless Steel clad Domed Vent
    by ReplacementBoatParts

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FZHC2LI/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_NE4PT7P928J2BC1EQE6A?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Replaced my 4 cockpit lights and did the oil change today. Pulling the boat tomorrow with the lift and doing outdrive oil, transducer and cleaning the hull. 

@Ian I am also interested in which new blower covers you put on. I am also replacing mine. 

Replacement Boat Parts 4" Stainless Steel clad Domed Vent
    by ReplacementBoatParts

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FZHC2LI/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_NE4PT7P928J2BC1EQE6A?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I used the same vents that Ian posted.  I really like them.  I did have to file the holes a tad bigger for the clips.

Blower vent covers — Rinker Boat Company (vanillacommunities.com)

• Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    I used the same vents that Ian posted.  I really like them.  I did have to file the holes a tad bigger for the clips.

Blower vent covers — Rinker Boat Company (vanillacommunities.com)

I need those mine are toast.   Dream_Inn did you remove the fiberglass deck piece to make the install easier????
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    Dream_Inn does the 4.5 inch size work for our 400's .....  plus man we need 12 vents for our boats.  
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Dream_Inn does the 4.5 inch size work for our 400's .....  plus man we need 12 vents for our boats.  

so, I purchased the 4" from Amazon

& yes, 12 ended up at $178.  Again, they didn't plop right in.  The areas that had the snaps had to be dremeled out a bit.  It took some time, but I was just talking about them to someone this past weekend and still very happy with them.  I did not remove anything, but that could possibly help.  I also did one side standing on a raft in the water.  That was fun!

oh, to add to this, the metal was really only thin metal on the outside (but that is what the sun sees and fades).  The clip portion is plastic and you need to make sure you open up where they go enough so you don't break them while pushing them in.

• Options
    Added the transducer for my chart plotter. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Did the blower hoses and last 2 covers and finally put her name on. Photos as requested.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 534 ✭✭✭
    Thanks @ian  Looks much better then the originals
  • Options
    Yes. They are a tight fit but tapping gently down around each side with the butt of a hammer with a thick folded cloth over snaps it down. If you choose to change the ducts, its a PITA, you’ll need to remove the cubby on the starboard side to get the duct down properly and the same with the battery selector on the port side. Then of course the fun laying on the engines to connect at the blower units. Moving blanket helps reduce the pokes and scrapes.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 year anniversary of selling my 342. Still mixed feelings but did hit the high of the market.  Still betting all these folk who bought ‘big’ will realize what they got themselves into and fin a deal in a year or so.  Meanwhile crewing again on my friends 42’ Jeanneau for Wed night racing. ⛵️

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    1 year anniversary of selling my 342. Still mixed feelings but did hit the high of the market.  Still betting all these folk who bought ‘big’ will realize what they got themselves into and fin a deal in a year or so.  Meanwhile crewing again on my friends 42’ Jeanneau for Wed night racing. ⛵️

Coming up on my 1 year anniversary also. I also hit the market high and really not missing it. It had consumed my life for many many years and it was time to do other things. I do miss all the friends I've made over the years but we still keep in contact
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DanD2  The friends at the marina is the part I miss. I still drop by just to stay in contact too.  Was a fun 18 years with my 342…this summer is shaping up like last years did…I would have missed 1/2 the summer weekends last year due to other obligations.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI