Options

What did you do to your boat today

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lowe’s has a marine sealant also. Like $26 bucks for a tube
    Unfortunately my Lowes does not. I did get my windows resealed today. We are expecting some rain tomorrow, so I will find out if I found the leak. While I was at my boat I started sanding the 6 coats of bottom paint off. What a PITA. I am 2/3's of the way done.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
     I finished up my dash update, thanks @diggin2day1 for the inspiration. I used 1/4” starboard with a vinyl wrap over it. I’ll prolly have some custom pieces made later on with cleaner cut lines...🤪 but it looks good for now!
    I guess I should have made a template of mine when I did it... I have to look, I just may have!  
  • Options
    04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
     I finished up my dash update, thanks @diggin2day1 for the inspiration. I used 1/4” starboard with a vinyl wrap over it. I’ll prolly have some custom pieces made later on with cleaner cut lines...🤪 but it looks good for now!
    I guess I should have made a template of mine when I did it... I have to look, I just may have!  
    I can send you my stock dash pieces if you’re thinking of making something....
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    @04FV270riverrat - let me
    see if I still have my templates... I’ll message you this week. Thank you... your dash looks great!
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Started waxing my brother in-laws boat

• Options
    It’s a nice boat but lacks a mid cabin
    it does have a decent v Beth and a couch that converts into a bed.
    engines are mid ship to make room
    for Fishing 
  • Options
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got about 2/3 done with waxing and did a couple of small gelcoat chip repairs. Those kits from spectrum are awesome. Looking forward to floating again!!!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finished my water drains I added to the fender storage and the engine hatch gutter. 342. Drains go to a shower sump (white box near center on the pic). Pumps overboard. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Nice Black...and Zav, your a good brother in law!
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paid my slip fees. Launch is supposed to be May 1st but still lots of ice on the lake. Harbour is clear. So will be able to launch, just might not be able to go far!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    How come?

All that white, and most of the blue on today's satellite shot is ice. And temps at or below freezing every night.

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped at the boat last night to drop off some of the repaired canvas and the crew that waxes her was there working.  She'll be all pretty for launch date.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    shawnmjr said:
    Stodge said:
    I stopped at the boat last night to drop off some of the repaired canvas and the crew that waxes her was there working.  She'll be all pretty for launch date.
    A crew that waxes it, I need to get on that level. 

Yeah, there are several on my dock that get it done every spring.  I have a hard time parting with at least a tank of gas to get it done.  I'll just keep cleaning it myself!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I know my limitations.  Now the plain old cleaning we still do.  But when it comes to a good wax job, I know it won't look as good if I do it.  

• Options
    Willhound said:
    rasbury said:
    How come?

All that white, and most of the blue on today's satellite shot is ice. And temps at or below freezing every night.

Holy crap, it's April!  We had 40's here in northern Fl this am....something is gone crazy with the weather, that's for sure...
  • Options
    Stodge,
    look
    at my wheel job lol
    yew you can!
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭
    Today I changed the poop pipe! New from head to tank, when she’s outside I’ll do tank to pumpout port just in case the antifreeze/sludge mix oozes out a little and I can wash it straight out. 

Also installed a better fuse for my engine room led string I put in there before and repaired the tank sensor. Also pulled the batteries to take to exchange for nice new ones. These are dated 2012 so they’ve served us well. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Seeing as I can take the tarps off yet.....I guess I'll get going on the out drives.

No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    Nice little cub cadet Dan!  Just large enough with that front bucket to do all sorts of things.

• Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    Nice little cub cadet Dan!  Just large enough with that front bucket to do all sorts of things.
    Love my Cub!!! I've done sooo much work with that thing over the years it literally has saved me thousands of $$
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    @LaRea - I bet you both were in great shape by the time the 8pm hockey game started! :)

• Options
    Off work today so I added a 3M Filtrete in line water filter to my galley sink so I don’t have to bring bottled water on board anymore.  
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    I continued in with my “driver in training” program.  This was the maiden voyage of the year. Man, it’s one of my happiest days of the year. My daughter even rode the tube! Too cold for me to get in. 
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

VC-17m all done. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    This is one of the replaced static windows.  You can see a building and some shrinkwrap through it.  Before it was clouded completely.

• Options
    I re painted my hull. The PO had it painted all the way up to the stripe instead of the water line...I’m not a huge fan of it but oh well.