Happy Spring!

J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in Non-Boating Related
Happy Spring to you.   (sorry, this is Dream 'Inn...is it too early yet to wish for spring??)
Post edited by raybo3 on

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is finally talk of considering severity of illness instead of just overall case counts. Agreed with handy. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    There is finally talk of considering severity of illness instead of just overall case counts. Agreed with handy. 
    It's too early to actually know how it'll play out.. we'll see.. just hope you and mr 2 word answer up there feel no ill effects! :P
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    The new variant should be out by January 
    Don't Fauci my Rinker forum
    You don't even own a Rinker, writing out an eviction form for you over here!
    J3ff said:
    You don't even own a Rinker, writing out an eviction form for you over here!
    Yeah but I have Rinker expertise 
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaccinated or not, Covid believer or denier, I don't care anymore. I wish everyone here a safe holiday season. Preliminary reports are that Omicron is not as dangerous from a symptom point of view, but because of the exponential ability to spread more easily it will likely clog hospital's and ICU's just on shear numbers.
    Still have flights booked for mid-February to head to FLA, and hopefully get together with @randy56 for a couple of days to hang out and do some fishing.
    Canadian government currently has a travel advisory on, which doesn't prevent travel but can negate some travel health insurance policies, so have to carefully check. If they bring back the mandatory 14 day quarantine it'll screw us because we can't take an entire month off. Just watching it one day at a time.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 529 ✭✭✭
    For most….sadly enough
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Spanish Flu did not directly kill, it was the pneumonia that followed that killed.  There was no way to treat pneumonia at the time.  

Covid is not an influenza.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    Run & hide.  Mask or no mask, quarantine or not, Vax or no Vax. we will ALL be exposed.  The statement "please no politics" is laughable, when you have an entire country UPselling the fear, and DOWNplaying the fear, depending on party.  I'll be over here, looking forward to Spring boating.....as usual  B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    I removed a couple posts here, but it's in a non-boating topic that people are free to ignore.  If it gets out of hand, it'll be quickly closed and maybe removed.  Happy holidays! :smile: (& Merry Christmas too!)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Can't we all just get along??? lol I think Jeff's point is "stay safe".........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    We just finished a 10 day road trip from Port  Credit ON to Savannah, Charleston, Beaufort NC and Annapolis and the divide on this subject became very obvious to us Canadians. None the less everyone was very welcoming and we had a great time.
    @Grahamu when I was in Michigan a few weeks ago I was the only person wearing a mask! Nobody needed to see the Ontario license plates to know I wasn’t “from around here”. 
    Grahamu said:
    We just finished a 10 day road trip from Port  Credit ON to Savannah, Charleston, Beaufort NC and Annapolis and the divide on this subject became very obvious to us Canadians. None the less everyone was very welcoming and we had a great time.

Those are some great towns to visit!  Had to be a really nice trip.  Was it your first time to Annapolis?  If it had been summer, you would've had to have a boat trip on Dream 'Inn!

• GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    @Dream_Inn, It was a bit of going down memory lane as I delivered boats in the eighties from Toronto to Florida and also offshore to the US Virgin Islands and down. Spent many a night in Beaufort, NC waiting weather windows. Annapolis and Savannah were off the track for me so it was our first time there. We loved both of them and my wife wants to return to Annapolis as we only had a few hours to explore the historic district. Might take you up on your trip offer next time there.
    Grahamu said:
    @Dream_Inn,  Annapolis and Savannah were off the track for me so it was our first time there. We loved both of them and my wife wants to return to Annapolis as we only had a few hours to explore the historic district. Might take you up on your trip offer next time there.
    Most definitely!  Nothing better than exploring a new area on someone's boat.  Glad you enjoyed the trip!

raybo3 said:
    Can't we all just get along??? lol I think Jeff's point is "stay safe".........
    stay safe and good luck was the point, yes, it's exploding as we chat here. !! 
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    They should have done that from when they started administering the vaccine. The vaccine never prevented transmission 100% ... it was expected that people would still get COVID (after all, the vaccine does not create an invisible force field around us).  What it does it reduce severity of illness ... and for that, it does work.

All that matters is whether people are ending up in hospital or not.
    If omicron produces nothing but a mild cold in 99.99999% of the cases ... we should not be shutting down the entire country because of it.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

2 weeks ago I lost a great friend to Covid.  Last week, a coworker died from Covid.  Both of them had the exact same thing.....double pneumonia, that led to ventilator, then....death.  
    Neither had underlying conditions. One was not vaccinated, the other was fully vaccinated, and had the booster.  Same result.  I'm growing VERY tired of the preaching about "science" that has ZERO proof, that the vaccine lessens the effects.  
    2000 Captiva 232 
    Agreed @MarkB ! Hopefully this variant is mild. The hysteria is exhausting. 
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lake_Bum , Sorry for your loss.
    2008 330EC
  • halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    A Maritime saying "the ar$e is out of her" meaning a situation is out of control . There is not much governments can do anymore except shut down our economy which cannot happen a second time in good old NS. There is no more cash to hand out so its up to the individual to be vigilant and use the procedures that we did in 2020. Nobody even had a cold that winter in these parts. The problem is we are all tired of it and want to move on.
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it is nice to "move on" unfortunately that is the attitude from mostly unvacinated people and why we are still in the mess we are still in. Everyone has the right to choose if they want to vacinate or not - but if your not you should test and you should wear a mask. Only way forward to "move on" is to get rid of this virus like we have done for a hundred years...get a stupid shot! 
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake_Bum said:
    2 weeks ago I lost a great friend to Covid.  Last week, a coworker died from Covid.  Both of them had the exact same thing.....double pneumonia, that led to ventilator, then....death.  
    Neither had underlying conditions. One was not vaccinated, the other was fully vaccinated, and had the booster.  Same result.  I'm growing VERY tired of the preaching about "science" that has ZERO proof, that the vaccine lessens the effects.  
    Sorry for your loss. It is a terrible thing to have to go through. I have family that has died or become severely sick with COVID.

However, if we are to believe the data hospitals are publishing ... the number of hospitalizations per million, for those that are unvaccinated is 20 to 40 times higher than vaccinated. That does not mean there are ZERO vaccinated hospitalizations and deaths. It simply infers that if you are vaccinated, you cut your risk of hospitalization by 20 to 40 times! That is a significant reduction.

Unfortunately that does not mean it is ZERO if you are vaccinated ... and so, there will unfortunately be deaths amongst the vaccinated, which will have an terrible impact to those close to the person who passed. It is natural that doubt and upset will set in ... but please keep your eyes on the bigger stats ... we would have 20x to 40x more deaths without the vaccine ... and a lot more sadder loved ones left behind.

Once again, my condolences ... no matter which way this is spun, it is terrible to have to go through that.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

"if we are to believe the data"........

Nope.  I don't.  Not at ALL.   I'm not interested in a spin either.  People die, that's never funny.  Believing what the media is spewing.....that is a fantasy.   This is about MONEY. If it wasn't, they would have never blocked the benefits of Ivermectin.  They can't make MONEY off a drug with a patent that is expired, that is a fact.    I'm not looking to start a debate with the same ol tired "horse de-wormer" argument.   The fact is, I got Covid, and Ivermectin WORKED.  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
     "the ar$e is out of her" 

@halifax212 That is a great one. Imagine it's referring to the transom has massively failed.

BTW; CV19 sucks....
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    @J3ff started this with good intentions wishing us a safe and healthy season. It’s turned into a bit(h session - as these post often do. 

I also hope all have a healthy season.

Mods - can this be shut this down now. 
    Post edited by raybo3 on

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

This discussion has been closed.